Thursday

Reach Out and Touch Somebodies...

Hand! The line is "Reach out and touch somebodies hand". What I can't comprehend is why in the hell do people feel the need to reach out and rub on a pregnant woman's belly like it's her hand?!
Don't they know some pregnancies have women moody and ready to rip off somebodies head just from the way you look at her. Now you're violating her personal space and besides it's rude; yes there is a seperate entity in her stomach but you still have to get mommies approval to rub or touch her belly.
 
I witnessed a pregnant lady flip out on another woman that she was unfamiliar with because the woman approached her and said "Oh, what a blessing, you are pregnant." and with out asking went to touch the pregnant ladies stomach. The pregnant woman smacked her hand and said "I appreciate the blessing but do not touch me and you didn't ask." The woman who was reaching for her belly was insulted and stormed off. On-lookers speculated that the pregnant lady could have been nicer.
 
 
I disagree, because I felt the stranger was being rude and had no business trying to touch her. I also remember being pregnant and being distant with the fathers family so if any of them tried to touch me, especially without asking then there would have been an issue; imagine a stranger.
You can't just go touching people on a regulare basis: so why try to touch a pregnant woman who you don't even know?
I wouldn't and to be honest I don't like touching people in general. I believe that we all should be keeping our hands to ourselves unless we have permission to do otherwise. We all have boundaries and limits and they should be respected and those of a pregnant woman should be respected twice as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment