Monday

Judgement Calls

Personally I don't like when people say that everyone passes judgement; not to mention that the people who say things like this tend to be very judgemental and they think that people do what they do. With that stated I'd like to highlight that we all have our own select definition of what a judgement call is.

I define judgement calls as generalizations, stereo types and all out making and uneducated and uninformed decision about a person, group of people, place or thing.

I can openly say that I am not a judgemental person; anyone who knows me personally will and can agree.

I don't walk around being judgemental so much so that I find myself in awkward situtions because I have to experience somethings and people on my own.
I've been warned about islanders Jamaicans, Dominicans and such and I have learned the hard way because I had to find out on my own. Do I think they are all the same no, I think it's attraction. Do I avoid islanders no, do I assume they are all the same... No I don't.

I find this behavior of making judgement calls insulting and I usually stay quiet when people make accusations that everyone is judgemental.
I feel their accusation is a defense mechanisms; most people that are judegmental are  aware of their own behavior, feel guilty becausse of it and now they are putting their behavior on everyone around them.

I won't sit here and act like as a child or young teen I haven't ever made a judgement call but as I have lived, I have learned and grew.
After years of being judged incorrectly and mistreated because of biased judgement calls I learned to not behave in such away.
When you feel a kind of pain, I believe that kind hearted people such as myself, do their best not to inflict the same pain on others.

I have learned how to not be judgemental with one important key step and that is to worry about myself. You see if you are preoccupied with yourself, and not on a conceited level, there is no room for thoughts of another especially negative thoughts.

I am the one in a group to remind people that they are not being nice. I am the one to remind people that you don't know what that person has been through or is going through.
Not to mention that I can be very empathic so I am very sensitive to judgement calls about other people because I have been victimized in such away.

I'd also like to add that questions are another key to not being bias or judgemental. If you don't know or feel away don't assume or pass judgements ask a question so you can educate yourself about whatever it is you are trying to judge that way you can make and informed, educated and unbiased decision.

 We all need and can use a lesson in humility... Once you humble yourself judgement calls become irrelevant.
The symbol above this section is a west african symbol
for Humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment