Tuesday

Exclusion

I like to share things that I enjoy with the people in my life. I want them to be a part of my world and life so much so that I do my best to incorporate them in the activities I enegage in and more.

What is insulting is when this attitude is not reciprocated. In some cases they take on these activities and now exclude me from engaging with them.

There is a stand I take with this behavior. For example, let's say I'm in a relationship with a non- gamer and I encourage them to game. Once they realize how much they enjoy it they begin gaming with everyone else but me.
Oh, it's like that??

Of course I'll be insulted and feel offended because the thing I introduced them to, they are now excluding me from and most times I enjoy it more than they do.

What I have learned to do is be passive aggressive in situations like this. I eventually don't engage with them and tell them I'm to busy when they decide that they want to be bothered with me in whatever activity it is they wanted to exclude me from. Furthermore I won't engage in conversations with them about the experience they may now be enjoying because of me the person who they are now excluding and offending.

It happens time after time again so I have learned to not share things I enjoy with people in my life from fear of being EXCLUDED! I will happily engage with them in whatever activity they want to introduce me to but I'm done sharing things I enjoy with people because it seems their goal is to take it away from me and any joy it brings.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment