Saturday

27th Heaven

https://hypebeast.com/2017/10/fredo-santana-hospitalized-liver-kidney-failure
Too Bad You Had To Go Bro, Thank You For The Inspiration Tho 
Recently, via twitter, I learned of the death of an aspiring rapper named Fredo Santana. He was only age 27 when, according to some sources he experienced a seizure, a side effect of lean . Apparently he was in the hospital during October of 2017 for kidney and liver failure. It is very unfortunate that he stunted his own future, as many artists have done and continue to do with drug and alcohol abuse. 

I was hoping to hear other wise and that maybe he had some medical mishap. This was not the case and I began to wonder about many celebrity musicians and aspiring stars that have died at aged 27 due to substance abuse. I started to wonder maybe it's a coincidence; maybe it’s been preordained by GOD. People say you die from what you live by and maybe this is a lesson to the rest of us. These people make it too places and higher financial statuses and they continue to hold onto a deadly and dangerous lifestyle because they are in pain. No matter how big the fame they still have pain and they use substances to block it out in order to function for you and me. He had admitted that he uses Xans and Lean because he misses his dead friends and because past traumas. "How much Xans and lean do you have to do before you realize you're a fucking loser," read Russ' shirt. "Until I can stop thinking bout my dead homies an the trauma that I been thru in my life that's when I'll stop," replied Fredo on Twitter. There's a lesson to be learned this I know and trust so I am sharing it here with you.

27th Heaven

Too young to go 
Bbut do we ever learn tho?
From Amy Whinehouse to Jimi Hendrix and now this Fredo Santana is up
in the mix. 

These dream chasers chase dreams and then they get burnt

Although this is not how it seems,
Life lessons are to be learnt
It’s no ruse,
Too much drug abuse will reduce you in all you pursue.
From Jim Morrison to Janis Japlin and people are out here still using and popping
Before their deaths did they ever think of stopping?
Let us learn and to new talents on the rise don’t become another Kurt Cobain
Through the rain and all your pain
Focus on your craft and seek out God
Hold on to them tighter than you would any bottle or pill,
These things won’t enhance your skill only God will
These trips you take may seem great but they stunt us all on the rise
Let’s learn their lesson and not be the world’s next big tragic surprise 


Can you imagine had he and several other talents held onto their art or God instead of some drug how different these industries would be and
the great things they would contribute? I was touched and sad that I discovered this artist through his death. It inspired me to write this poem for him, them and us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment