Saturday

What's A PodCast?

Recently I have learned about podcasts and until it was suggested that I try one I never even heard of them. I asked the individual what's a podcast and they responded with, it's like the radio. I'm thinking cool, so I'll be like the radio. I appreciated their response, but I really didn't understand the concept; so I went to Google to do some quick research enabling me to have clarity on podcasts.

Podcasts are digital audio files used for entertainment or informational purposes. They can be streamed over apps and downloaded on the computer. There are several video type styled podcast, which are commonly referred to as video podcasts, vod casts and video casts. To my understanding, video casts can be done differently depending on the creators vision. They can create the audio podcasts primarily and attach it to whatever visual file they want to corresponding with the verbal broadcasts at a later time. The other way a video cast can be presented is be  live streaming; meaning you'll be seeing the broadcaster as they record.

I thought it was interesting enough to look into and found some very interesting places that offer individuals the chance to listen to podcasts for free and even give them an opportunity to create them. Pocketcast, BeyondPod, Podcast manager and Stitcher Radio just to name a few. There are a lot of interesting broadcasts out there and I am enjoying my experience with pod casts so much so, that I wanted to share on my blog what pod casts are to people who may not know what they are or fully understand how they function.


No comments:

Post a Comment